Members of the Bands Forum will be performing at this.
Culture Night Friday 22nd September 2017
New Gate Arts & Culture Centre
Reception 7.00pm – 7.45pm
Pop in and hear about our current activities, as well as our plans for the future, while enjoying some complimentary refreshments, including wine, tea and coffee.
Showcase 7.45pm – 8.45pm
Come along and enjoy a showcase of music, dance and drama from groups connected to New Gate Arts & Culture Centre.
1) 7.45pm Stewart Smith (keyboard) and Darren Milligan (Bagpipes) will perform a selection of tunes.
2) 8.00pm “The Pride” excerpt from the Jonathan Burgess play.
Shannon Wilkinson and Una Morrison perform a scene from “The Pride” where Joanne and Amanda discuss what it’s like to be married to a bandsman, reminiscing on old times and what it means for day-to-day life in the community.
3) 8.15pm Performance by Sollus Highland Dancers (Bready and District Ulster Scots)
4) 8.30pm “Divided by History, United by Music” excerpt from the Jonathan Burgess play.
This play was devised and developed by the Londonderry Bands Forum with collaborative input from the North West Cultural Partnership.
Shannon Wilkinson and Una Morrison perform a scene where Ruth and Mary are confronted with the realities of war on the Home Front, as a telegram is delivered to a neighbour.
5) 8.45pm Musical finale including the haunting Gaelic song “Shule a Roon”. Performed by Stewart Smith, Darren Milligan and Una Morrison.